Wi-fi with an enternet cord?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trance, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Trance, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

Trance macrumors 6502

I have a wireless/connection router. I use a enternet cord because the wi-fi doesn't reach me (I stay in a mini-house 30 yards from the modem, enternet cord passed underground.) Is there something I could connect to my enternet cord to have wi-fi feed in my house?

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You could simply connect the end of the ethernet cable that runs to your house to a wireless router in your house. This will give you wi-fi in your house so you won't be tethered to that darn ethernet cable. :cool:

3. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Alternatively you could try using a Wireless N router/Wi-Fi card, which has longer range, and, if necessary, a repeater.

4. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

This ^

5. Trance thread starter macrumors 6502

I should get another wireless router? you understand I already have one, Just the wi fi feed is to far away to reach my place.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, you should. There's no reason to have only one router, especially if you are as far away from that router as you indicate.

7. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

The second router would basically create a new access point in your place, using the first router to get the signal from. Just hook up the ethernet cord into the second routers WAN port, and set up your access point like normal.