WiBa Power Bank Offers Fully Wireless Solution for Charging Your iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2018.

1. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Good point cord vs no cord.

But regarding the recharge. Loss is off the pack not the flow.

2. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

A truly wireless power bank powered by a truly wireless charger powered by a truly wireless charger for the charger powered by a truly wireless charger for the charger for the charger...

3. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

If it’s an efficiency loss, then it’s off the flow, isn’t it? What kind of fixed loss is there?

4. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

should of made a strap you can lock your phone down with. nobody likes magnetic plates if you dont have a case

5. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

A battery is always going to have fixed loss off the top. Not sure what it is on his particular battery. But doubling the battery doesn’t double the loss. Either way, 5000 mah plus the loss plus the inefficiency and power lost being wireless means 5000 is one charge at best. The issue I have with that is what’s the point of having to recharge the charge pad after every single use? Might as well just recharge the phone after every single use. Same difference (hate that saying haha).

6. iPhone_X macrumors member

iPhone_X

I like Qi charging more than I thought I would, but I'm really looking forward to that AirPower mat and I'm hoping it has less issues with sweet spots so I don't have to set my phone down within a half inch of wiggle room.

7. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

The bigger the sweet spot the less efficient the charging. I can literally put my phone nearly anywhere on the mophie except the bottom 20% of the phone and it charges. I have a Belkin and it’s more sensitive. Maybe try a Mophie.

8. rio99rio macrumors newbie

Yeah, it's only half the product. With this wiba, you can charge your iphone without the battery pack and stack if you want to charge everything. Nothing else I know of on the market that does that.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
    lol, that would defeat the purpose of the 2 in 1 concept, you reading the article at all?

Whole point is you can wirelessly charge your iphone OR stack with the iphone.