Wide Angle Lens and Filters Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thedirtyduo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. thedirtyduo macrumors member

Hi, I have the HF20 and will be ordering the Raynox HD-5050PROLE Wide Angle Lens.

I want to get two B & W Brand filters, UV and Haze filter to add better value to my wedding videos I shoot. I'd prefer if the filters fit the Wide Lens and the camera at 62mm but the camera is 37mm.

Does anyone know if a 37mm to 62mm Step Up Adapter exist?

Would the adapter effect the image when zooming with the Wide Lens on or off?

Or do you know of a better solution w/o having to buy double the amount of filters.

Also, am I buying the two most important filters for shooting? I don't need effect filters just ones to improve harsh conditions?

Thanks

2. -DH macrumors 65816

A UV filter and a haze filter do pretty much the same things; most importantly they protect the front element of the lens from damage. After that, either filter will help reduce haze caused by light in the UV spectrum on wide shots outdoors. Other than that, they don't help improve the footage at all.

My recommendation would be to get two UV filters; one for the camera and one for the wide angle adapter. Just be sure the one you get for the wide angle adapter doesn't cause any unwanted vignetting.

-DH