Wide Screen VS Standard

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tMac85, Feb 7, 2008.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Does having a wide screen or a standard screen bother you?
    Do you mind working on a standard 'square' screen?

I have a 15" MBP and a mac mini with an old 19" square monitor. I hate the standard monitor.

How bout' you guys...

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I work on and own 6 normal aspect monitors, and we have 1 widescreen. In that respect, yes, the widescreen bothers me.

I tend to prefer 'normal' aspect for computers, but for film and TV widescreen is awesome.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm usually in Protools all day... and i LOVE my widescreen monitor...

4. tefleming macrumors 6502

I like big widescreens.

If I'm using a smaller screen (laptop, etc) I prefer standard. Something, i guess, about an 800px high display just seems too small. (haven't had the pleasure of a high res ws laptop.)

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

I love widescreen, thats why I got the high rez for my 17 inch macbook pro

6. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I love my new 22inch wide screen at home. The MacBook's wide screen is also nice. At work I use a 15inch standard LCD and I honestly don't mind it one bit for the stuff at do here, at home though I like watching videos (though it sucks to watch anything not in the wide screen aspect ratio).

7. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

For documents and websurfing, I want to be able see a certain amount of the vertical space. I only like the widescreen monitors starting at about 24" high.

I've tried a few widescreen monitors that pivot but it was too much hassle to change all the time (I'm picky about my workspace, monitor height, keyboard position, stuff like that).

Now with LCDs so cheap I'm looking for a second monitor to pivot 90° permanently for documents, something with a similar vertical dimension to the larger widescreen for everything else. The trouble I'm having is that anti-aliasing is only designed for the original orientation and it doesn't look quite right at 90°.