Widescreen CarPlay

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by punitnaker, Jun 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. punitnaker macrumors regular

Does anyone have a car with a widescreen display? I have a BMW with a widescreen but the idrive currently only shows CarPlay on a split screen with the normal ratio and other 1/3 of the screen can be customized with other things.

I’m really hoping this new version uses the full width of the screen and won’t need a software update from BMW.

Anyone able to confirm/check?

2. bastula macrumors newbie

bastula

I'm pretty sure this is a limitation of iDrive 6 (which is what I also have). You can search for people that have posted ways to correct it, but you lose the split screen during CarPlay permanently.

3. Carlson-online macrumors member

All F series cars have this.

Luckily though you can modify it to be full screen :)

Go to bimmertech and check out there full screen CarPlay option.

Allows the whole screen to be used. I haven’t installed ios13 yet on mine so I can’t comment if we get the new look, but I have the full screen mod on line for ios12 and it’s tonnes better

4. gildorn macrumors newbie

I have an Alfa Romeo Giulia with a widescreen display. The full width is used by CarPlay, even with iOS 12 (and I believe it did with iOS 11 too?)

5. Rivanov macrumors regular

Rivanov

It has nothing to do with CarPlay itself. It's an iDrive thing.

6. Zorn macrumors 65816

Zorn

Can you code the full screen mod with Bimmercode? I have a 2018 F36, no idea what the integration level is though, or how to find that.