Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Ok so I posted a thread a while back saying how once I upgraded to 10.6.1. software, my MBP now runs about 30 degrees or so fahrenheit hotter... sometime it decides to cool down again once in a while to a normal temp of about 120 degrees (idle that is)... and so I've been obsessively checking the temp on the top left of my MBP with my hand and by checking the istat pro widget I believe I have. So I checked a short while ago with my hand and it felt cool for once, but I checked the widget which reported a temperature of 140+ degrees?! I know this isn't human error on my part because assuming the readouts have been correct before with the amount of heat I felt by my hand (aka I kinda know what 140+ degrees feels like)... this definitely was about 120 or so... so is my widget going a little funky or something?

Cboss

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
Colorado
If you turn it off or let it sleep for awhile, what's the temperature right when you turn it back on? Is it only the CPU temp. that looks too high?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.