widget that enables iphone-type two-finger scrolling?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hakka3, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. hakka3 macrumors newbie

    Jan 17, 2008
    I downloaded a widget a while back that let you slide-scroll a la the iPhone with just a flick of two fingers--totally rocked my interface world. Last night, however, I upgraded to Leopard and now it won't work. Anybody know the name of the widget I'm talking about, and where I can download it? I can't seem to find it!
  2. fabian9 macrumors 65816


    Nov 28, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    what mac do you have? i have two finger scrolling... without needing a widget. i can just set it up in the system preferences.
  3. motulist macrumors 601


    Dec 2, 2003
    Are you sure you aren't just talking about 2 finger scroll rather than kinetic flicking scroll that the iphone uses? If so then you're talking about iscroll2, which I also used on my powerbook pre-leopard, which didn't work after upgrading. The trick is that it now works from the regular keyboard and mouse system pref, but you have to do some fooling around with uninstalling/installing iscroll2 in order to get the 2 finger scroll option to appear in the regular OS X trackpad system pref.

    Edit: and oh yeah, are you sure you mean widget? The term widget means something very specific in the computer world, not just any old piece of tech like it means in the non-computer world.
  4. psychofreak Retired


    May 16, 2006
    As far as I can tell, the OP means scrolling up scrolls the page downwards...
  5. hakka3 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 17, 2008
    I meant kinetic flicking scroll

    I'm familiar w/yr garden-variety 2-finger scroll; this was different. You could flick, as w/an iPhone, and watch the screen slide along under its own momentum. You could cover a lot of ground w/just a few flicks of the fingers. And I'm not the most computer-world savvy person, but I'm pretty sure it was a widget, if by 'widget' you mean something that called itself a widget and was downloaded from the 'widgets' link of the Apple website.
  6. Maccleduff macrumors regular

    Jun 26, 2007
    Here it is!

    its called Smart Scroll X

    I remebr I used to use it and it worked great in safari, but I use firfox and it didnt work so great in that so i uninstalled it in the end....

Share This Page