Widgets are Frozen - How to fix?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by meagain, Nov 21, 2007.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

ALL my widgets are frozen and have been for a week. I can't even use the calculator. I've no clue why this is. I verified & repaired permissions but that did nothing. Does anyone know what I can do to make them work again? Thank you.

2. sain macrumors member

3. iTim314 macrumors 6502

When you restart, do they re-freeze immediately?

4. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Have you tried restarting the computer? Go to your dashboard and hold down Option and it should give you an X button on the widgets, you could try clicking on that and see if it closes them, and then you should be able to re-add them. Worst case scenario, try deleting the widget-com pref files in /Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/

5. bboykin macrumors newbie

This is what fixed my frozen widgets

I tried searching for "dashboard.plist" in library/preferences and found nothing. I found a few files called "widget-com.apple.widget.xxxxx.plist" where "xxxxx" was all the widgets I had activated. i.e. xxxxx=stocks or xxxxx=weather. I deleted these plists and rebooted. Everything works fine now, knock on wood. Thanks to above user who gave me clue to delete plists. BTW, there seem to be a few library folders. I found files in the one under my home (house icon) directory.