Widgets Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by peenapple390, Jan 8, 2011.

1. peenapple390 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time and I'm extremely gracious for all of the articles that I have read on here and all the information. I'm just looking for a way to install a weather and date widget onto the springboard. I've tried searching, but I have come up with nothing. If there is a link for an easy way to do it I would be extremely thankful!!

BTW I'm using an iPhone 4 on 4.1.

Thanks guys!!

2. peenapple390 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anybody offer any help? I understand how to use them when they are downloaded from Cydia but the ones that are posted to download, i'm not sure how to configure them to work on the Springboard.

Thanks!

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Probably the easiest one for you to use is iWeather Widget from Cydia. Once you've downloaded it to your phone, SSH into your themes folder (root/Library/Themes/iWeather Widget.theme) and read the readme.txt. It will explain how to set up the widget with your ZIP code, whether you want it at the top or bottom of the screen. You can even change it to have black lettering instead of white so it shows up on a light wallpaper background more easily.

BTW, you can do all of this from iFile right on your phone, too. Make your changes, respring, and it should work just fine.

4. peenapple390 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! I downloaded one from a file linked on this forum and I can't figure out how to get it to work on my phone. I've managed to have success with ones from Cydia.

Thanks for your help!!

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

No problem at all! I was in the same boat as you...I downloaded widget after widget (mostly from the Post Your Jailbroken Home Screen thread), but I could never get them to work on my 3GS. But, LEXS came to the rescue and helped me out through PM (she's awesome!) and I was able to find some other widgets that also worked on dBar and MacThemes.

One thing I've learned since I've been jailbreaking...you can do all the reading in the world, but sometimes you just need some one-on-one help to figure things out! :D