iPhone Widgets on Home screens?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scouser75, Nov 28, 2014.

1. scouser75 macrumors 65816

Hi Guys,

With a jail broken iPhone 6, is it possible with apps such as Dashboard X to have widgets on the home screen? Not only jail broken widgets, but also official app store widgets?

A year ago I moved from iOS to Android. Never thought it, but have fallen in love with Android - especially with the widgets on the home screens.

Thing is, as great as my Nexus 5 is, it doesn't marry well with my Macs. Hence the desire to go back to iOS.

2. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi guys, picking up an ipad air 2 today :D

So anyone any help with this question is much appreciated. Id widgets work as they do on Android I'll be in the market for a 6+

3. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Dahsboard X has not been updated to work with iOS 7, let alone iOS 8. I've heard that the dev has plans for Dashboard X, but I haven't seen anything yet.

It's a shame, because under iOS 6 the NC was a bigger part of iOS then it is now and I had a few NC widgets that I had on my homescreens.

Now, all that can be done is to use iWidgets to put an item on the homescreen. Unfortunately, I can now only approximate the old NC Weather Widget on my homescreen. I've gotten close, but it's not the same. And no one has made an Omnistat iWidget yet either.

No idea when or if Dashboard X will be updated.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Well, there are Widgets on Appstore, but you can only use them with NC. I don't think, there will ever be any widgets on a HS from Apple.

5. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the replies guys.

I may email the developer of Dashboard X and ask if he has any plans for the latest ios.