"Widgets on iOS without JB"

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iglobal123, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Stop making gimmick crap and actually make an app that is usable for more than 5 minutes and isn't some lame "add this feature to your iPhone". Developers like you are what make the App Store hard to search through because we have things like "Customize your Slide to Unlock screen" in the top 20 downloaded apps. People like my brother or mother do not need to waste their $0.99 on garbage like this.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

At least it has TWO bluetooth icons :confused:

Yea rubbish as are the other apps from the same.

3. kicko macrumors 65816

4. Death-T macrumors regular

Death-T

If you don't like it, then don't use it. No need to flame the guy for it.

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

It's an app that replicates the home screen (badly) and allows you to add widgets in the app, not the actual home screen. Even more hilariously the wifi buttons etc. say 'not supported in version 5.1 or lower' - I suspect 5.1 is <whatever version is running>. I bought this knowing full well it'd be something crap like this but needed a laugh. Enjoy the 69p.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

People post in this specific forums for advertising/promotion and feedback of apps. If you don't want discussion of your apps positive or negative, then you shouldn't be posting it in the first place.

Honestly, I'm sick of seeing all these personalization apps, especially here on MR. I'm sick of seeing developers join the forums just to spam their links all over the place. Even recently some of these "devs" have started to hold raffles to try and scam people into buying their apps.

Apps are NOT hard to sell. What makes them hard is that devs don't put enough work into them to make them useful to the customer. Heck, I saw someone the other day raving about their "simplistic" text editing app which was just a white background and text input.

We as consumers need to encourage quality, otherwise we're just going to have more and more of these apps occupy the charts in the store and less of the really, really good stuff.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

It's false advertising, there is no way this provides working widgets. If it does Apple would pull it.

8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I don't care that they're selling it, I care that it's misleading. Who would buy this knowing that the widgets sit on top of an image of a home screen?
    "...right on your home screen." Yeah, right :rolleyes:

9. Death-T macrumors regular

Death-T

Ah, my bad. Didn't realize how crappy it was.