Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to install OSX widgets onto the Lock Screen? There's a huge (and stagnant) Widget community out there.

Attachments

• widgets.png
    widgets.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 114

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
United States
What I am anxiously hoping for is a functional and useful lock screen for notifications. the iPad and iPhone really need to have a daily calendar view on that screen for your upcoming appointments / tasks and an icon badge to show you how many SMS/MMS or E-mail you have unread. A voicemail indicator would also be useful.

Putting all that on the screen may be clunky, but it would be very helpful and useful to give the end user the ability to select any, all, or none of the status items on that lock screen.

I am not, however, a fan of using the lock screen to actually be able to manipulate items like you can in cydia springboard. Kinda defeats the purpose of the "lock" screen.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I didn't really expect anything dramatically different in terms of interface because the iPad runs the same OS the iPhone does. It's just a .x version chance, not a x.0 change. I'm willingly to bet that we see dramatically new stuff tomorrow in iPhone OS 4.0.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
i personally wouldn't like it... seems kind of cluttered to me.

Which is why Apple should add it as an option. Those who like it turn it on, those who don't turn it off.... everbody's happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.