Widgets on the Lock Screen - Good Idea?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mainstreetmark, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to install OSX widgets onto the Lock Screen? There's a huge (and stagnant) Widget community out there.

Attached Files:

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

A good idea, but how would things go when changing from portrait to landscape, or vice versa?

3. mainstreetmark thread starter macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

4. Cander macrumors 6502

5. undrpsi macrumors regular

Wow..me likey!

great idea!

6. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

What I am anxiously hoping for is a functional and useful lock screen for notifications. the iPad and iPhone really need to have a daily calendar view on that screen for your upcoming appointments / tasks and an icon badge to show you how many SMS/MMS or E-mail you have unread. A voicemail indicator would also be useful.

Putting all that on the screen may be clunky, but it would be very helpful and useful to give the end user the ability to select any, all, or none of the status items on that lock screen.

I am not, however, a fan of using the lock screen to actually be able to manipulate items like you can in cydia springboard. Kinda defeats the purpose of the "lock" screen.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I didn't really expect anything dramatically different in terms of interface because the iPad runs the same OS the iPhone does. It's just a .x version chance, not a x.0 change. I'm willingly to bet that we see dramatically new stuff tomorrow in iPhone OS 4.0.

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i personally wouldn't like it... seems kind of cluttered to me.

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Which is why Apple should add it as an option. Those who like it turn it on, those who don't turn it off.... everbody's happy :)