Widnows or MAc? Which is Easier?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamman41, Oct 12, 2007.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

I have the option of jailbreaking on a windows or a mac, which one is easier or do I have to do it on the computer that has my itunes library on it?

2. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

You can jailbreak on any Mac/Pc and later sync with your iTunes library computer.

Mac option definitely seems to be easier than PC ones to unlock iPhone. I followed modmyiphone and didnt have any problem et al. The only precaution not mentioned is to make sure you uncheck "open safe files after downloading" in safari preferences.

EDIT: BTW I m assuming you dont have 1.1.1 on your iPhone. If you have 1.1.1 then it`d better to wait a few days until there are better options.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

none of them are easy right now

if you are not ok with terminal, maybe wait another 2 days?

4. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

i only have Windows, and the "practically fully automated blahblahblah" thread really only took about ten minutes, if everything goes well...

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Windows is by far easiest. The program does most of the work, all you gotta do is what the readme tells you, which is like six steps, and none of them really involve in-depth code. Just make sure you have all the criteria met (Net Framework 2.0, Latest iTunes, and the install folders, also look up your ip adress first so it will be a breeze later on.

I'm doing it now, had to restore my ipod cuz I had to switch computers (stupid wireless). But I"m doing it now...