wierd dot on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Nov 15, 2009.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hello all,

I have an early macbook pro and apple replaced the screen of it about maybe 6 months ago. But today I have another problem which is weird. I am not used to dead pixels or stuck pixels, I have never had a screen with any of these problems until now I guess hehe...so let me explain.

When I have a white background or when I do have a white page, there is a spot at the bottom left of my screen that becomes really bright. When there are daarker colors, it's not visible...is that a stuck pixel or a dead pixel??

Is this a known problem with macbook pro screen?

Thank you

2. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not think it's a dead pixel. Dead pixels are supposed to be black right? Plus, when I have a gray background vs white, I still see it but less bright. When I have a darker background (black), I can see it but really really low.

Anyone experienced this? Will apple fix my screen. I am under Applecare til March 2011.

Thanks

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

This reminds me how when I look at dark images my screen goes dark and when I look at bright images it's like bright and junk! And then there's that pesky gloved finger that just can't make up its mind.

4. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

?

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

6. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

7. trismeplz macrumors newbie

I ave the exact same issue on mine and I've tried doing the massage and running the stuck pixel program and its still there... apple care says they wont change until you have 5 or more so let me know if there is anyway to go abut it!

8. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont think its a dead or stuck pixel...cause the color shows over it