wierd pink hue to forum background

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
i see the regular colors. the white and the greyish off-white
I see three different shades there.

- The regular white, around where it says 'Support Macrumours', and elsewhere on the page.

- A greyish (hint of blue) off white in the box around DoFt9's avatar image, join date and location. Also the same tone in the box around the quote from Arn - 'database corruption'.

- Another off-white (very slight hint of pink) where it says 'Today: 04:28am' and in the box around 'Register to ... '

As I type this reply, I can see the blueish hue in the reply box (where it says 'title' and 'message', and a darker blue/grey hue around the icons / smilies / text area. The same pinkish tone as before is visible in the box containing 'Reply to Thread'.

I've never thought it was a problem - I always assumed it was part of MR design. You could use eyedropper in photoshop or a different graphics app to find the RGB values and verify if there's any pink in it if you're obsessive enough.

- RedTomato
(this is on a PB15 1.5ghz screen)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, there are three colors there: #fafafa (white) in the body of the post, #eeeeee (grey-ish) in the avatar and quote areas, and #f0eee8 (slightly pinkish) in the date/time stamp area at the top of the post and the ad area. AFAIK, that's the way it's always been.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Did you pick them so that you could make a song about it?

"#eeeeee, #fafafa , #f0eee8, here we go, down the farm,

#eeeeee, #fafafa , #f0eee8, I smell the blood of a englishman,

#eeeeee, #fafafa , #f0eee8, got a feeling you’ve been creepin with someone ... "

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Yes, there are three colors there: #eeeeee (white) in the body of the post, #fafafa (grey-ish) in the avatar and quote areas, and #f0eee8 (slightly pinkish) in the date/time stamp area at the top of the post and the ad area. AFAIK, that's the way it's always been.
I thought the eeeeee=grey-ish, and the fafafa=whitish. Sorry, if I'm mistaken, color me #f0eee8. :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I thought the eeeeee=grey-ish, and the fafafa=whitish. Sorry, if I'm mistaken, color me #f0eee8. :eek:
Oops...yes, I got them switched when I was typing up my post. I'd better go back and fix it. Thanks. :eek: