Wierd Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by halfprep455, Aug 14, 2007.

1. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

Is there any way I can connect an iBook with OS 10.3 to the internet through my iMac with OS 10.4? The iBook does not have a wireless card. The iMac is connected to the internet wirelessly. Is there anyway I can hook a router up to the ethernet port on the iMac and the iBook and connect to the internet?

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

you can enable internet sharing (airport to ethernet) on the iMac and connect the two together via an ethernet cable. make ethernet your primary port on the iBook and connect via DHCP.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

If I'm understanding your set up correctly, you should be able to get online on the iBook by connecting the two computers via ethernet and by switching on Internet Sharing on the iMac, in System Preferences/Sharing/Internet – set it up to share the connection from Airport and to computers using Built-in Ethernet.

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i use internet sharing often 2 hook up my pc(work reasons) 2 the internet from my macbook. i would assume you can do the same thing with a mac.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I was going to suggest this too.

However, I feel the need to point out that it's spelled weird. OK, I'm done:)