Wierd think happening in InDesign

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by dazzer21, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

I'm working on a job and twice it has done the same wierd thing. I have a document open in the foreground. I need to refer to another document and open it from the finder. I then click on the page to select an item and all I get is an alert sound and no selection. If I click anywhere within InDesign, just the alert beep. Outside in the finder and in other applications all seems OK, but to get back into InDesign, the only option is to force quit and re-open.

Using InDesign in Creative Suite CS3.3, Aluminium iMac 2.8, 2Gb RAM

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Look for an open dialog box somewhere on your screen. Maybe it is hiding at the bottom, or off on another monitor or something. This exact situation will happen when an alert box opens upon the opening of a document (like in the case of missing or modified links).

EDIT: If you can't see the dialog box, try just hitting return to get it to go away.

3. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Do you use Spaces? If so, dialog boxes sometimes disappear when you leave ID's space and come back to it. As said above, hit <escape> to cancel out of the dialog and you should be good to go.

5. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I use Exposé, no open dialog boxes show up. If it happens again, I'll try the return thing - I just hope this 'phantom' choice isn't to close the file or quit the program!