Wierd yellow tint on my MBP 15" 2010...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShootingStars, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

When I boot up my computer, you see the apple logo and WHITE background right? After the apple logo shows up for a while before loading up the OSX I can see the screen tint from pure white to yellowish brown... is that normal for you guys? The colors seem fine on my MBP... or maybe it's because I cannot recognize pure white anymore? -_-

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I have no idea what's going on with your computer. Maybe making a quick Youtube video will help us better, and see if you need to go and see an eye doctor (let's hope not :))

3. ShootingStars thread starter macrumors member

No eye doctor that's for sure. Uploading YT video at the moment. :)

4. ShootingStars thread starter macrumors member

5. ShootingStars thread starter macrumors member

6. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Happens to me during bootup too. 2009 13" pro here.

7. pbatty89 macrumors member

me 2, i dont think im liking this Lion at the mo. my mac seems to be running alot slower.

8. th3goob macrumors regular

its kinda happening to me also, my starcraft 2 whites, are now yellow. but i shrugged it off and im playing normally and that is the only thing that changed colors.:mad:

9. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Maybe the backlight screen is dying?
    Like... usually when light bulbs are about to die, they turn yellowish.

10. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Seems rather unlikely, watch the video the OP posted. The way it looks to me (when it happens to me as well) is that the OS is loading a different colour profile or something, just before getting to the desktop.

11. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Perfectly normal. It's not weird, that's the default calibration that Apple sends these machines with.
    Open up Safari and look at a blank page. If the white page looks yellowish, then you must re-calibrate the screen.
    If you're really, really bothered by this, recalibrate the screen anyway.

Try opening Team Fortress 2. Notice the color before launching and after launching. You will see it open a new profile.

12. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Ohh, you mean that. Yea, that's what happens once you boot with Lion installed.
    As for seeing yellow colors, that happened to me once while I was reading through some forums, the left and right side white bar just seemed yellowish. Don't worry though. If this problem persists for next few days, just visit the nearest Apple Store (unless it's miles and miles away.)