Wierdest Wine you tried?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 8692574, May 16, 2017.

1. 8692574, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

8692574 Suspended

As per title,and inspired by the coffee thread, what is the wierdest wine you ever tried?

I tried both this sparkling Blue Prosecco Blumond Blue Sparkling Wine and the Blue Gik, of the two the one I would recommend is the first, because it is sparkling and it taste better, also it is easier to mix with different kind of food.

It is a cool conversation starter and definetly worth a try.

[​IMG]

So what Wine would you suggest I try?

2. 960design macrumors 68020

I suggest ( tongue in cheek ) that you change to port.
    Weirdest wine was a jalapeno red wine, many years ago. Cannot remember the name, but it was not a good idea.

3. 8692574 thread starter Suspended

Was it this one?

[​IMG]

4. chown33 macrumors 604

Klingon bloodwine.

As a novelty: Qapla'!
    As a beverage: Meh

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I tried Romulan Ale some time ago – well, it said it was Romulan Ale, but at a pithy less-than-5% it couldn't have been further from it. Tasted like crap too.

At least if it was 180 proof the taste wouldn't matter, as I'd only use it for medicinal purposes.

6. 960design, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

960design macrumors 68020

Wow! Yes! That is the one! Neighbor brought it over and said I had to try it. Had we not drank two bottles it may have been better. :)

I now stick mostly to just port, or occassionally a very good beer: Rochefort 10, Westvleteren 12 or a local mico Boggy Bayou Stout.

7. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Is it limited only to wine? Because I've tried some home brew stuff from an old buddy of my Grandpa once. The man had a home made distillery (red flag #2. Red flag #1 was being an old buddy of Gramps:p). Gramps and his buddy was enjoying some of that home brewed hooch. It didn't seem to affect them much. If nothing else, they seem to enjoy it. They offered me a small cup. "Don't tell your Dad.";):D

Well, if two feeble, old men can handle drink that stuff, a strapping lad of 19 (at the time) can too. I took a swig. Good Gawd, it felt like drinking liquid fire.:(:(:( I distinctly recall Gramps clapping my back and saying, "Don't worry, son. You'll be able to talk again in a day or two. Hahahahaaaaa."

8. 8692574 thread starter Suspended

Well I suppose we can speak about beer too, but I am more interested in "weird wines :p", especially since there are lots of "home brewery" so chances are there are millions of different beers / alcoholics , with wine it "should" be a little more limited...

But yeah interested in that as well, thanks for the contribution.

9. jtara macrumors 65816

Mine's pretty mundane.

Retsina.

Oooooopaaa!