iPad Wife accidentally pressed update on her 5.0.1 iPad 2 that's jailbroken!,

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wgr73, Dec 20, 2012.

1. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Hey guys my wife accidentally pressed the update button on her iPad. I've been using iFile to delete the download but it keeps going. How can I stop the update from happening? I turned wifi off but the minute I turn it on the update resumes! I tried firewallIP but that's not working.

I can't let her iPad update to 6.0.1 because she would lose the jailbreak. Any ideas?

2. Baggio macrumors 6502

I think it ask you to continue with the install or wait to install it later right after the file downloads.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you talking about an OTA update ?
    "Accidentally" pressed the button ?

You can try installing Software Update Killer (what should have been on the iPad in the 1st place to prevent her from accepting the update) and it will disable approving/continuing the install.
    That said, if the device has already been authorized to both download and install the firmware upgrade, it might be too late to stop the auto-install.

4. wgr73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Yes I told her to update her i5 but she thought I said iPad for some reason. Simple mistake.

Thanks guys. Lizard ill try updatekiller

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually if your ipad is JB now even if you try to update it OTA it will not go through and it will just give you an error.
    Thus leaving it still JB.
    Only way you can update it is by plugging it to itunes and hitting restore or update.
    Make sure she doesnt do that accidentally:D