Wife and Me: currently one iTunes account... switch to two for cloud stuff?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by naked, Oct 12, 2011.

1. naked macrumors member

We've been sharing the same account for years, and it's worked just fine.

Curious if moving to two accounts would be better? She pretty much only uses her iPhone, doesn't much touch my MBP or iMac.

Thoughts?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You can continue to share an iTunes account, but each have your own iCloud accounts for calendars contacts and backups. That's what my wife and I have been doing with the GM for the past week or so.

Here's a quote from the Frequently asked questions about the MobileMe transition and iCloud:

3. CoffeeMonkey macrumors regular

Ok, so let's say that we have one account for iTunes and we have content from the iTunes library on both phones. But we also have individual iCloud accounts for the purposes of synching our stuff to the cloud.

Can we share photos? i.e. can photos from my phone show up on hers, photos from her phone show up on mine, and photos from both go to the computer and Apple TV? Or do we have to pick just one account to synch to other devices.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting my head around the different iTunes and iCloud accounts...

4. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

When I try to add my wife's iCloud account to her iPhone 4 it automatically changes the Store account and vice versa. We would like to continue to use one iTunes Store account and have separate iCloud accounts.