Wife going from BB to iP4: moving contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hoffmant, Jun 18, 2010.

1. hoffmant macrumors member

My wife is moving from a Blackberry Curve to an iPhone 4. With the whole microsim thing, what's the easiest way for her to move her contacts from the BB to the iPhone?

I think I installed the Blackberry desktop software on her MacBook a while ago, but she never uses it. Can she dump her contacts into that, move them (easily) into Address Book, then sync them to the new phone? Is there another way?

2. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Use the blackberry software to sync to contacts (i believe there is an option to push phone contacts) and then just let the iPhone sync to contacts.

Edit: Also, I believe there is an export option from the desktop manager software (BB) to export as a CSV file...that would make it easy to import into contacts on the Macbook.

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

That should be the easiest way. You could also do via bluetooth with Apple's isync.

4. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Aer they contacts that are already in the Address Book on her Mac? If so, they will just be there when she syncs the first time.

Are they Blackberry only contacts, or are they linked to an Outlook account?

5. hoffmant thread starter macrumors member

No Outlook acct. Just on her phone.

I doubt that they're already in Address Book. I guess I'm looking for an easy way for her (more likely, me) to get them in there. I know they'll sync easily from Address Book to the new phone.

Thanks!

6. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Honestly, if the list isn't huge, I would just do it manually and add them to the Address Book on the Mac. If it's less than 50 contacts it will only take 1/2 hour or so, which is less time than you'll spend finding some software, or trying to export to some funky format (which invaribaly won't import exactly as you want it).

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Download the BlackBerry desktop software and sync with your Mac. Then sync the iPhone. Can't be much simpler

8. AntDG macrumors newbie

or you could open a gmail or yahoo account and have them there in case something happens to your phone thats what i do

9. trillville macrumors newbie

I'd try out google sync. You can download the app for blackberry from their site, and it backs up all her contacts into the account, and you can sync that with your address book on your Mac.

10. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Also, she'll probably be eligible for unlimited data still! I had an iPhone 3G until very recently (when it took a fateful fall), so I'm using my old Blackberry until June 24th (crossing fingers). And when I was ordering my iPhone 4 at the AT&T store, they said I could still get unlimited data on my iPhone even though I have a Blackberry now, because I already have unlimited data on my Blackberry.

11. bunger macrumors 6502

Listen to Roy - it's the easiest way to go...