wife is leaving

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fireman52SFD, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

Tonight my wife informed me that if I come home with another 600 dollar phone she will leave me. I did everything I could to convince her. If it was up to her I would be using a zack Morris cell phone. All I can hope for is that the judge is an apple fan.anybody else having trouble convincing the old ball and chain? And any guy that post on here saying "I can't believe you let your wife tell you what to do" has apparently never been married. When I come home with this phone she is gonna s@&t a brick.:D

2. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Honestly, according to your sig, you already have 2 iPhones. Really, if you have a need for a new gadget go to the Apple Store and sit there for a few hours once it comes out. You will probably feel oddly satisfied that you didn't buy it.

My 2¢

3. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I got an iPhone for my husband. Not a bad trade, actually.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I guess the sex or the iPhone argument already failed.

Just remind her, "while 43% of the men say goodbye to their wife when they leave for work in the morning, 91% of the men say goodbye to their house in the divorce."

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Unless you're bad financially, why would your lady leave if you bought another $600 phone? And if you're not good financially, you should really weigh whether you need another iPhone (also sell the ones you have, geez!)

I believe a man should be able to go out and do what he pleases (within reason) with his money. If I wanted to buy 50 RF helicopters and make a fleet, then I should! But at the same time she's your wife and your money is pooled between the two of you. What's mine is yours and yours is mine mantra. If buying this iPhone will hurt her/both of you then don't get it. Also be sure to have enough money for a good present for her. If you're buying $600 phones for yourself, your christmas present (or other gift giving occasion) for her better be amazing.

6. mariokarter macrumors member

You just need to be prepared to respond with some good counter arguments when she starts bitching. Take a look around the house, surely your wife owns some things which had you bought them you would have spent half as much on. Fancy curtains, an excessive shoe collection, expensive cabinets, jewelry (its just stupid rocks and minerals), or needless renovations perhaps? Also who paid for the wedding? Because if paid for any part of it then tell her you still have "credit" (the bride's father is supposed to pay for it).

7. Fireman52SFD thread starter macrumors member

well of course im gonna sell my other ones. got two buddies who want em. and if its just 3g and gps then im not gonna get it. but if it has a better camera with video cam on front then i will get it. i use it to talk to fam when im at station. and she wont leave its meant more as a joke. but she still doesnt understand just thought some would find it funny. i mean she has 20 something purses and only uses 1 at the time. i will use the phone all the time. only reason i have two now is cause i bought 8 g and then got 16g cause i wanted more space. kept 8g for her for when her alltel is up. but now im wanting to sell both and get new one. even told her id sell em then buy new one and she still looked at me like i killed her best pig.

8. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

hah.. killers her best pig.. you are a SOUTHERNER!!!

I can understand where she is at, but then again - you guys NEVER will get the purse thing either - so its give and take

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Want to solve the problem?

Take a huge hit and buy her a piece of jewelry and bring it home with you with your iPhone

Will cost you a pretty penny but will solve the wife problem

10. meagain macrumors 68030

Why doesn't SHE have an iPhone (assuming she doesn't).

11. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Don't tell her. Until she's pregnant. It's a long term commitment, but so is an iPhone, right?

Note: provided for satire. I don't want any touchy internet people on me.

12. three macrumors 6502a

three

Sell both of them, that should make her happy and buy the new one.

13. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

leave your wife apple is your life now :p
    *please dont take that advice seriously lol just wait and see for the new one and see what it has then buy it if its in your specifications :) or leave your wife she's not worthy lol please dont listen to the leaving of the wife part lol

14. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Ha ha!

I laugh because it's true. So very, very true.

I'm honestly not expecting a front-facing camera for video conferencing on this version. There's always a chance of it happening, but I doubt it. I think we'll see an updated camera, 3G and integrated GPS.

Oh, and the whole software update thing. Heh.

15. nostrum macrumors member

Hahahaha at this thread :D

But seriously, your wife gives you sex, your iPhone wont.

Wife wins.

16. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

but the iphone will give him pr0n whenever he wants, the wife will only give sex when SHE wants... give and take my friend, give and take :p

17. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

bravo just bravo lmao :D

18. Yossarian macrumors member

I said to my girlfriend last week:

"I'm going to get a new 3g iphone when it comes out"

her reply:

"No you're not."

so as it transpires I don't actually want a 3g iphone, what I want to do is spend it on shoes and flowers for her instead.

19. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Trade your wife for the phone. That way everyone is happy! :D

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Sell your two iPhones, and your 30gb classic, and buy a new one. You've even gained money.

21. Xjett macrumors member

Honestly. I would buy it, hook it up at work, and just wrap that shiny new piece of Apple goodness in a nice, appearance shielding case. You have your cake, and unless she can see the changes on your bill, you can eat it as well. My girlfriend doesn't want me to buy the iPhone either. But thats not stopping me one bit. But seriously, don't let an iPhone end your marriage.

Even if it is the iPhone.

With 3G.

And GPS.

22. Cherimoya macrumors member

:eek: What ? Not even version 2.0 - I thought 3G stood for 'grunt, grind and groan' :(

23. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

That's a misquote. What it actually is:

Wife: "What's yours is mine and what's mine is also mine."

Husband: "OK, dear."

HTH:D

24. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I once thought I needed three iPhones and I bought three. Used all three for about a month and then well, one is just sitting there collecting dust now.

If you want to spend the money, why not go check out stuff at the Apple store. Lots of fun things there and you don't really need a third iPhone, trust me.

25. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

Go watch Fight Club again.