iPad Wife's iPad Air constantly crashes.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Raffi, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Kind of funny because my rMINI hasn't had a single crash. We have done everything to hers. We even got a replacement. Maybe we should call it crashgate?

2. Droidrage729 macrumors 6502

Mine crashes in safari a lot but that's it. I'm sure an update will fix that. I never had any crashes on my iPad 4 at all.

3. go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

Mine started to crash ever since I have upgraded to iOS 7.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Did you setup as new or restore from backup?

5. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

This has been my experience as well. My iPad 2 was extremely stable but the Air crashes maybe four times per day, if not more. I only have 16gb and virtually no space remaining so I'm hoping that's the reason for the frequent crashes.

I'm returning the Air if my Mini Retina is relatively flawless, otherwise it's a LTE 32gb Air for me, and at that point frequent crashes would be a bummer.

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Your Air does?

7. daudi81 macrumors regular

Exchange it until you get one that doesn't crash. I exchanged mine that crashed occasionally and the new one is perfect so far.

8. go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

No, I was referring to iPad 4. Air comes with iOS 7, and no needed for the upgrade.

9. kaielement macrumors 65816

I had more crashes on my iPad 2. And so far on my iPad air no crashes.

10. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

My Air crash many times a day even after several restores. I only had a few apps no movies or music stored on it.

I returned it.

IPad 2 never crashed this much.

11. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

12. Vodka macrumors regular

So Air is kinda spec-wise outdated for using ios7?

13. donnaw macrumors 65816

I had an iPad 2 that crashed all the time. Low memory jettisons. So I upgraded to a 3 hoping the 1g RAM would fix the issue. But it crashed a lot. Not as much as the 2 but still a lot. I was very worried when the iPad Air came out with only 1 g of RAM but decided to try it and figuring I would return it if it still crashed.

So far the Air has been great about not crashing. Only have seen 1. But the Safari tab reloads are annoying. There has to be a memory leak in Safari. But if there is then it's been there long enough for Apple to have addressed the issue.

While I really like my Air I'm thinking this may be my last Apple product until they deal with the memory issues. When the iPads first came out they were the only choice if you appreciated the form factor. But now there are other choices. Each has a trade-off. I have a lot of $$$ invested in the Apple ecosystem but I'm ready to ditch it all if they don't fix the issue. Sigh...

14. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

I call bs

15. syd430, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013

syd430 Guest

This is the same person that started a thread yesterday with the title "The ipad Air is obsolete", along with 10 other threads about how great the rMini is, all ending up in wasteland.

This guy has some bizarre urge to start several new threads everyday about how the rMini is perfect and the Air is ****.

Just move along and wait for him to start 10 more threads that will all end up in wasteland and that will eventually get him banned.

16. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

wait for the next ios7 update when it comes out. Some believe it is the OS and not hardware related.

I have also experienced many crashes and restarts on the air. No restarts on the mini, but many crashes (safari, reddit, facebook freezes, apps freeze).

17. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I asked because the thread is iPad Air specific.