Wife's iPhone is now using my # after update, HELP!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Groundhog66, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Groundhog66 macrumors member

Groundhog66

After my wife's iPhone was updated to iOS 6, it is now using my number for iMessage & FaceTime. I received prompts that my number was added to her phone.....I told her to leave it alone after it installed so I could finish it, but you know how that goes. She clicked okay on something she shouldn't have I think, now how do I fix it?

2. Incognegro macrumors newbie

iMessage>Send And Receive. Remove your phone number. You will need to check your other iDevices in the same manner.

3. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

I see where that is, but it won't allow me to remove it...only to check or uncheck.

4. Goteman macrumors newbie

I believe the phone number might be tied to the Apple ID set on the phone. Check the FaceTime and maybe also iCloud and iMessage settings and click on the Apple ID box. Sign out of the Apple ID there if it's not her personal one.

If the Apple ID is right, the phone number associated with it can be managed through here:
    https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/W...n?wosid=JCI4dhJOmwd9LLpnvWz4AM&localang=en_US

Log in and click on the Phone numbers tab on the left. Make sure the right phone number is tied to her Apple ID and then I would bet you should restart the phone before you log back into the right Apple ID. Hope that helps.

5. Branskins macrumors 65816

You might have login to the website that lets you manage verified accounts on your appleid and remove it there!

6. alent1234 macrumors 603

had the same thing

apple is becoming like microsoft by the day

7. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

Looks like that did the trick, thank you all very much.

For some reason, we were both using the same Apple ID for iTunes, so I switched hers back to what it should have been.

----------

Well, I THOUGHT that did the trick. But when I restarted her phone, it went back to MY Apple ID :confused:

8. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

You changed the Apple ID used in iMessage and FaceTime?

9. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

Looks like I finally got it settled, thanks everyone.