Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Groundhog66

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
CA
After my wife's iPhone was updated to iOS 6, it is now using my number for iMessage & FaceTime. I received prompts that my number was added to her phone.....I told her to leave it alone after it installed so I could finish it, but you know how that goes. She clicked okay on something she shouldn't have I think, now how do I fix it?

Incognegro

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
After my wife's iPhone was updated to iOS 6, it is now using my number for iMessage & FaceTime. I received prompts that my number was added to her phone.....I told her to leave it alone after it installed so I could finish it, but you know how that goes. She clicked okay on something she shouldn't have I think, now how do I fix it?

iMessage>Send And Receive. Remove your phone number. You will need to check your other iDevices in the same manner.

Goteman

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
Houston, Texas
I see where that is, but it won't allow me to remove it...only to check or uncheck.

I believe the phone number might be tied to the Apple ID set on the phone. Check the FaceTime and maybe also iCloud and iMessage settings and click on the Apple ID box. Sign out of the Apple ID there if it's not her personal one.

If the Apple ID is right, the phone number associated with it can be managed through here:
https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/W...n?wosid=JCI4dhJOmwd9LLpnvWz4AM&localang=en_US

Log in and click on the Phone numbers tab on the left. Make sure the right phone number is tied to her Apple ID and then I would bet you should restart the phone before you log back into the right Apple ID. Hope that helps.

Groundhog66

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
CA
I believe the phone number might be tied to the Apple ID set on the phone. Check the FaceTime and maybe also iCloud and iMessage settings and click on the Apple ID box. Sign out of the Apple ID there if it's not her personal one.

If the Apple ID is right, the phone number associated with it can be managed through here:
https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/W...n?wosid=JCI4dhJOmwd9LLpnvWz4AM&localang=en_US

Log in and click on the Phone numbers tab on the left. Make sure the right phone number is tied to her Apple ID and then I would bet you should restart the phone before you log back into the right Apple ID. Hope that helps.

Looks like that did the trick, thank you all very much.

For some reason, we were both using the same Apple ID for iTunes, so I switched hers back to what it should have been.

----------

Well, I THOUGHT that did the trick. But when I restarted her phone, it went back to MY Apple ID :confused:

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
For some reason, we were both using the same Apple ID for iTunes, so I switched hers back to what it should have been.

----------

Well, I THOUGHT that did the trick. But when I restarted her phone, it went back to MY Apple ID :confused:

You changed the Apple ID used in iMessage and FaceTime?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.