Wifi/3g statusbar flickering.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LithePanther, Feb 5, 2012.

1. LithePanther macrumors 6502

The title is probably confusing, but I couldn't phrase it any better.

Here is my issue:

When I wake my phone from sleep I notice that my internet connection is on 3g and half a second later switches to, and stays on wifi. This occurs every time I wake my phone up.

This concerns me, because I'm not sure if my phone is always on 3g when turned off, that means it's using up a lot of my data plan.

Does anyone have any ideas on why my phone is doing this? Does anyone know if it's actually on wifi or 3g and it's just some sort of graphical bug?

*Note. My wifi is very strong, and once my phone "flickers" to wifi, it stays connected to wifi. It's not like (while on) my phone is constantly losing wifi connection.

2. tateu macrumors 6502

That is the nature of iPhones, they switch off WiFi when asleep. There are a few jailbreak apps that can keep WiFi on when alseep but I've tried one of them, Insomnia, and found that it eats up too much battery for my liking.

3. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

This is relatively new though, afaik. I don't recall seeing it do that since before today (although I may have just completely missed it)

4. jamesvdm macrumors regular

jamesvdm

It has worked like this since the very beginning.

5. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502