wifi access issue under mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tryingmac, Mar 27, 2011.

1. tryingmac macrumors newbie

Really new to Mac....

I've installed both Mac O/S and Win7. Here is the problem:

1. Under Win7, I can access Wifi successfully;
    2. Under Mac O/S, though it indicates that the network is connected but I cannot actually access the Wifi network.

Can somebody advice me on this? Thanks a lot.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. GJBenn85 macrumors newbie

I bought the new version of the MBP and have the same problem, as do countless others. However, like you, the wi-fi works just fine if I natively boot into Windows 7 but struggles to keep a connection in OS X. The computer shows an active wi-fi connection but it is not actually connected to the internet.

I researched the problem (wish I had done more research before buying, but that is another topic) and decided to try a USB wireless adapter. Same problem, though not as severe.

As long as I use Windows 7, the wi-fi will work all day long without problems. Only issue is Windows 7 kills the battery life.

Have become convinced the cause of the problem lies in OS X Snow Leopard, the release of which corresponds with the start of complaints by Mac owners of wireless connectivity issues. Browse the apple forums and you will find threads in excess of 60 pages discussing the topic and trying to find resolutions to the problem. In my experience, the ONLY resolution is to use Windows and I know for diehard Mac owners that is not an option.