wifi account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smarquet, Jun 27, 2007.

1. smarquet macrumors newbie

smarquet

Is anyone going to sign up for a wifi account?

2. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

3. smarquet thread starter macrumors newbie

smarquet

wifi account?

tmobil or att...... or are people going to rely on unlocked or free wifi?

4. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I will rely on free WiFi until the price of a monthly Tmobile account is something I can afford. More along the lines of $10-15/month

Hotspotr.com has become my friend.

5. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha smarquet,

Assuming that you're purchasing an iPhone, why would you need to also purchase AT&T WiFi? The data plan you must also purchase with the iPhone should cover that cost, at least I hope so. The data plan covers unlimited email and internet access, which is over both WiFi and AT&T's EDGE network. All you need do is find a free WiFi hotspot to hop on the net. As for AT&T's hotspots, I don't think they're free, but I really can't see why we wouldn't be able to utilize them, especially as we're on an AT&T phone and are paying for an AT&T data plan.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

WiFi will be near me most of the time so it is a non-issue. For those times I am on the move I will have EDGE.

Seems good.

7. dashiel macrumors 6502a

the monthly fees for those are outrageous for occasional usage. $30 a month for tmobile + a one year commitment, $20 for at&t. if you're a constant business traveller it makes sense for airport connectivity, but for casual users? yikes!

tmobile looks the better deal for occasionally connecting. prepaid minutes at ¢10 per, with a minimum of 60 on first connection. at&t just does day passes.

if at&t were smart, they'd offer iphone users a deal. $5 a month extra for unlimited access to their wifi hotspots. it'd reduce the strain on the EDGE network (who knows we may get surprised still)

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I'm a member of one of the airline clubs, and all the ones I go to have free wifi. Free liquor, too! No more firing up the laptop when I only have five minutes to check something! Woo hoo!