Wifi activity constantly spinning?

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Hi,

I have background app refresh off and almost all the location services off, and nothing is loading.

Is this an iOS 7.1 bug?

Thank-you,

Shawn

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Hi,

I have background app refresh off and almost all the location services off, and nothing is loading.

Is this an iOS 7.1 bug?

Thank-you,

Shawn
I had this exact same issue, holding both Lock and Home buttons until the phone restarts and you see the apple boot logo (let go of both) and i've not seen it since.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I have hard reset a few times now
I have done a clean install of iOS7.1 on three occasions now.
The first time I installed it, this spinning wheel was on constantly. A hard reset cured it. Whether it would have come back again is anyone's guess and I cannot confirm this as I did another clean install to cure a different bug not 24 hours later. On this occasion the spinning wheel issue did not rear its head at all, and nor did it on the third install.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Wifi activity constantly spinning?

I have done a clean install of iOS7.1 on three occasions now.

The first time I installed it, this spinning wheel was on constantly. A hard reset cured it. Whether it would have come back again is anyone's guess and I cannot confirm this as I did another clean install to cure a different bug not 24 hours later. On this occasion the spinning wheel issue did not rear its head at all, and nor did it on the third install.

I really want do a complete clean install(not from backup) for my iPhone but the problem is I will loose google push :( for calendar and email

Edit:it seems to have stopped spinning for now

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Happens to some people in 7.1. I've noticed it since the betas but only happened a couple of times or so. Sometimes after using the App Store like it's still updating/installing something even though it doesn't seem like that is happening. For most a restart or two gets rid of it pretty much for good if not for a long while.