Wifi All in one Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Robster3, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Anyone know of a good printer/fax/scanner that will work on wifi with 2 imacs and 2 mbpr?

Cheers

2. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

I have a Canon Pixma WiFi all in one that has been trouble free for over a year.

This is not Air Print capable though.

3. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, wonder if they make one that is Air Print too, don't really need that though. will check them out. cheers

4. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I have been using an Epson Workforce 845 for 18 months now, and am very happy with it. It has AirPrint and was very easy to set up on my wi-fi network. Very large ink cartridges and quite reasonable printing costs.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

There are many out there that would work, Apple has a section of their online store devoted to Airprint printers :]

I personally use HPs OfficeJet Pro 8600. I sought out something with the autofeed scanning ability :p

Works with my macbook, my ipad, iphone and even my sister Dell. And easy to set up

6. iMerik macrumors 6502

This printer looks quite nice actually. Anything you don't like about it?

7. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

The power light at night when I try to sleep ._.

The only nuisance I have is when scanning to the Google Drive App I have to type in my password after every, maybe 4 scans or so. And sometimes with the Autofeeder the pages dont scan 100% straight, they may come off a few degrees angled, and its more of my OCD than any real issue. If I carefully place the pages in line, they scan fine, but normally I just toss em in there and let it go.

8. iMerik macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update. I've been wanting to get a printer that supports Google Cloud Print and AirPrint. I might just have to jump on this or similar model. When they say it does two-sided printing, does it auto-duplex or are they being tricky and you have to flip the page manually?

Edit: HP's site says "Automatic two-sided printing"

9. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

It is automatic :D It spits out the one side, sucks it back in and prints the other side

10. Giuly, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

11. iMerik macrumors 6502

Cool. Now which one is friendliest when it comes to ink usage and price?

12. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Anyone got a Xerox CM305DF. If so how is the wireless with macbook/imac?

13. zballer, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

zballer macrumors newbie

HP 8500a All-in-One

Have been using the HP 8500a for use with IMac, MBAir, 2 Ipads, HP Dv7 without any problems. Most of the time I will get ink and printheads from Sams Club or Costco. Also this printer is photo ready and accepts a variety of SD cards.

14. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ended up getting the HP 8600 Plus. So easy to setup. Works wireless with ipads, macbooks and iMacs. Has its own email so you can print when away. Fax setup simple. Ink is reasonable too.
    Very Happy with it.

15. iMerik macrumors 6502

Great news. I have yet to print from an iOS device, so I'm excited to see how well that works. I'm going to be computer-less for a while and might still need to print a few things from my iPhone.

16. iMerik, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

iMerik macrumors 6502

The PIXMA MX922 is Amazon's Gold Box deal today at $89.99, which is the cheapest it's ever been. It supports AirPrint and Google Cloud Print among lots of other functionality. PC Magazine gives it good reviews along with 4/5 stars from 243 Amazon reviews. I think I'll get this one.

Update: Consumer Reports did a June 2013 article on the price of ink and the Canon PIXMA 922 was said to be an ink guzzler.

17. iMerik macrumors 6502

I just got an amazing deal ($98.99 before tax) on the Epson WorkForce WF-3540. Check out the details here on Slickdeals.

18. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you're printing moderately, the Epson. If you're printing heavily, the Brother laser printers.

19. Enrico macrumors 6502

Enrico

What about a multifunction color laser that has both Airprint and Duplex?

20. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Just picked up a Canon Pixma MX522. All in one inkjet with Air Print.
    Compared to virtually any other printer I've ever dealt with, this one is smart and very intuitive. It has the highest settings preset so no fiddling or wondering how to change DPI settings for scans or whatever.
    Very fast prints, no ink cartridges run 20$ each before tax and will do about 300 pages per cartridge (Black).
    Set up AirPrint in under 5 minutes, and was printing seconds later. Picked it up 60% off and glad I did. :)

21. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The Brother MFC-9330CDW above - MFC for multifunction, C for color, D for duplex and W for wireless, where all current wireless (and even some wired) Brother printers support AirPrint.

22. iMerik macrumors 6502

I've spent a day with my Epson WorkForce WF-3540 that I got from Staples for right at $100 and I'm loving it so far... as much as you can love a printer/scanner/fax machine.

23. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I just installed 4 of these at a clients place. They love them. Once on wireless, ML auto detected them and USB was super easy too. They really feel in love with them when I grabbed one of their iPad minis and printed to it. :)

No quirks or anything negative as of yet.

Enjoy yours.

24. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Or did you want a laser printer? In that case, get yourself either a Brother MFC-7860DW (monochrome)
    All of them are wireless and even work with iOS devices.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to chime in to say that we've been running our MFC-7860 on an Airport network with two iMacs, a MacBook Pro, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPhone and it has performed flawlessly for the six months we've had it. When it starts up to do a print job it does tend to dim the lights on whatever circuit it's installed on, but at some point we stopped noticing.

As for ink usage, we bought the high-volume toner cartridge and haven't had to change it yet, so I can't do a cents-per-page calculation for you.