wifi auto login

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by firedogut, Sep 15, 2009.

1. firedogut macrumors regular

So my wife called me today and had a question i figure you guys can answer.
    She is overseas and has her phone on Airplane mode with Wifi turned on. The network she connects to requires that you log in via a website when ever you connect. The problem is when ever the iphone locks it drops the connection.
    when you unlock the phone it automatically connects to the wifi but you have to log back in.

Is there an app or something that will make logging in easier. it is a pain in the ass to open the web-browser and type in the user name and password everytime.

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

is she running OS3? it should save login info

or just turn off the auto lock

3. firedogut thread starter macrumors regular

yeah she is using 3.1.

it a webpage based login. you connect to the network, load a webpage and it asks for your username and password.

turn off auto lock is not an option. she will have the phone in her pocket and hate for it to open apps or other stuff.

4. nanall macrumors newbie

I have the same exact problem. I have an itouch and I recently updated to 3.1, and I want to be able to use the "textPlus" app in place of paying for unlimited texting with sprint. However, it wouldn't be worth it if before i can send and receive texts i have to first go to a web login page. Im in college, so free wifi is everywhere and i want to be able to just automatically log in, like it says i can with the 3.1 update