WiFi beyond good and evil

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Quantaqa, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Quantaqa macrumors newbie

Hello,

I havve a iMac 27" Mid 2011 with this absolute awesome feature of losing WiFi Connection every blink of an eye. Not that my StatusBar or so would indicate it! No, its just gone. Safari won't let me go to any page, no other Program gets a connection.. etc. The only Fix right now is, to deactivate and reactive the WiFi on the bar, and hope that it won't lose connection again in 10 seconds. Which in most of the time it does. Same Problem happens to me if I open Windows in Bootcamp.

Is this the fault of the WiFi Card and I should go to the local Apple Store to tell them nicely what my concern is - or is there anything else I can do?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Cool! You must have paid extra for that! :D

There are many potential sources of interference with your wireless network, including nearby networks and other devices in the area.

AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

AirPort Radar Widget (Mac) will show what channels are being used by nearby networks, so you can choose one that doesn't conflict. You can select your channel by launching AirPort Utility (in your /Applications/Utilities folder), then going to Manual Setup > AirPort tab > Wireless > Channel.

3. Quantaqa thread starter macrumors newbie

Right now, the most incredible addition to this feature has appeared. When I reactivate my WiFi it tells me that there is no Internet connection available - when clearly my trustworthy Laptop is writing this post. With the same Connection.

Thanks for your hint, sadly I already tried that and changed my WiFi to a channel that Is not used.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I know it is a pain in the ass- especially with how much you paid and how much people preach about the great attention to detail/macs don't have issues; but I would just get a USB wi-fi adapter.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Look at the list of potential sources of interference that I posted. Chances are good that one or more is contributing to your problem.