WiFi card not installed after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by biohead, Sep 25, 2011.

1. biohead macrumors 6502

MacBook 5,1 (Late 2008, Aluminium, 2.4GHz)

When I put my MacBook to sleep, if it gets moved around a bit whilst it's sleeping, upon awakening the Wifi is turned off. It will not turn on either. Usually when this happens, I reboot straight away and get greeted with a "Wifi Not installed".

I get it back by either a pram reset or reboot normally multiple times.

I've put a clean lion install on, and the problem seemed to disappeared. I restored my working environment from my Time Capsule and the problem was back first time I slept the MacBook. So I figure its most likely something to do with software rather than hardware.

I use an SSD, so I've just disabled the SMS sensor really hoping it's solvable by doing something like this, as I don't particularly want to have to start my OS X install from scratch. Anyone with any idea's on what else I could try?

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

If moving it around makes a difference, it's absolutely not going to be software. That's a hardware issue. If the issue went away, it could just be coincidence.

3. biohead thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, took it to an Apple Authorised Service centre, and they have replaced the wifi card after checking it over.

Not done it since so very happy. Thank god for that 3 year warranty :D