WiFi clashes with bluetooth

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jamshah, Oct 29, 2008.

1. jamshah macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I think I figured something out today (I haven't seen it posted else where). So I have been having WiFi trouble lately on all channels 2.4N and G, 5.0N. My Wifi would drop come back not reconnect etc... Then I started noticing my bluetooth connection to my keyboard (the metal apple one) drop out. Anyways I turned bluetooth off on my Air and now WiFi is stable, no problems... Maybe just a coincidence so will keep testing.. I would like bluetooth and WiFi to work together stably. Anyways this is for you guys with problems and for me looking for a solution.

thanks,
    Jameel

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

it could be something really simply like a firmware issue with either the MBA or the router. there might be a really good reason as to why it`s not been reported before... cause no-one else has experienced it?

I use both WIFI and BlueTooth all the time with both my Mac and PC, so far not encountered a single problem. Beside the battery keeps draining away!

3. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

bluetooth and WiFi are different frequencies, it shouldn't be possible.
    I use my MacBook on WiFi all the time along with my Kensington bluetooth mouse.