WiFi connection become unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kwlii, Sep 8, 2010.

1. kwlii macrumors newbie

kwlii

I have seen similar threads on this but no one has provided any insight to this. I probably can blame this on my Older DLINK router but I wanted to see if I couldn't put this out for some ideas and/or opinions.

It seems when I am connected to my WiFi router here at home, and for that matter really, any WiFi connection, an application will have trouble communicating over the WiFi. Its like the connection "won't go through". If you look at the connection it shows the iPhone is connected to the network, and it shows plenty of bars, but it will not respond. I have to quit the app by double tapping the home button, go to settings, turn off then back on the wifi connection, and when I return to the app I was it, it finishes what it was doing. That could mean responding to a link in a webpage, or finishing an update in Words with Friends. Yes, it sometimes is a small amout of time I am reading my page, or contemplating a word, but when I hit send, or hit a link, almost as a habit now, I go out and turn off wifi and then back on to get my app to respond.

Any ideas?

I have read some about this, and things pointed to a static IP address for a DNS, which I did on both my phone and now in my router. That helped a little with speed, but I still get into that unresponsive state.

AT&T says it's my router, well if it is EVERY router my iPhone 4 connects to I see this problem, wouldn't that 'seem' like an iPhone issue?

Thanks for any input you could give.

Anyone else see this?

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Yes, 2/3 bars, but no internet connection. I see it every single day and it annoys the crap out of me. I'm trying to figure out how to set WiFi network priority because it works fine with my router, but not some of the campus routers.