wifi connection drop out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Nov 22, 2012.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I have a 2012 MBP 15" base model, running 10.8.2 and i still have wifi drop out issues, one of the main reasons i bought this machine was because of wifi drop outs i was having with my 2007 MBP. It happens anywhere i go, my house, my parents house, my inlaws.

Ive tried all different types of APs airport expresses, nothing helps.

Doing some google searches this seems to be a very common problem for apple. I love the machine but i can not deal with these wifi dropouts. Any suggestions?

2. AirThis macrumors 6502a

In another thread (which I unfortunately can't seem to find), the OP discovered that his bluetooth connection was interfering with wifi. After turning off Bluetooth, his wifi problems disappeared. It seems easy enough to test, so might be worth a try.

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

could be, it seems to work fine on my bootcamp side

4. No Regrets macrumors regular

Hi,

I am just now starting to experience the wifi drop outs with my 2011 13"mbp version 10.7.5

I've had this laptop for almost 10 months with no issues, but now out of the blue while I am surfing the net it will just hang for a while and then a screen comes up saying that Safari was not able to connect with the server.

I will then switch over to my iPhone 5 and it will not work either.

I sometimes have to reboot my wireless router or I simply close the lid on my laptop and come back to it later and it is fine again....until the next time.

My wireless router is getting quite old......do you think I need a new router seeing as this drop out is affecting both my mbp and my iPhone 5?