Wifi connection issue at work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by prxr13, Sep 16, 2008.

1. prxr13 macrumors newbie

Hello,

We have a wifi network at work, and I would love to be able to stay connected to it with my 3g 2.1 iphone.

Here is the scenario:
    I go to browse the web. It says the certificate for this website is not valid...accept/cancel. I hit accept. It brings me to the logon page for the wireless network. I enter my credentials, and I am connected.

As I move about the building, the connection gets lost, and I have to repeat the process. The problem is, I do not have cell coverage in the building, hence why the wifi access is so valuable. But I do not know when it gets disconnected, and then I am not notified when new e-mails are available. And I don't mind entering my credentials, but the password policy here is a pain, including caps, numbers, characters, letters etc!!

I brought it up with IT, and they say it is unsupported and will not help.

Oh...and sometimes...and I can't get it to repeat...but sometimes it does remember the settings...and all is well.

2. wrestlepsu99 macrumors newbie

This is becoming more of a wide spread issue since 2.1.

I had perfect wi-fi reception in my home, now after 2.1 I have to be practically standing on top of my router to get any signal at all.

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I seem to be getting BETTER reception from my Airport with 2.1.

4. prxr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Let me clarify...I have no problem with wifi signal strength. Please reread my post...I am having issues with my phone remember how to connect to a wifi network that requires a username/password through a browser.

For example, starbucks and panera would use this sort of thing...you have to log in through a browser...is there a way for the phone to remember the settings?:confused:

5. siufai macrumors member

what type of Wifi network are you using? at my work, we use BlueSocket, and there is an app that remembers your login for that. I had the network admin at my work put my MAC address on a bypass list to avoid having to enter my password everytime I connect to BlueSocket.

6. prxr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

We use bluesocket at work...what is the app name?

7. siufai macrumors member

There's two apps for Bluesocket, on is called BlueSocket and the other is BlueLogin, both are $1.99