WiFi Connection Issue - iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by frankdtank, Jun 21, 2010.

1. frankdtank macrumors newbie

I have a new and perplexing issue with my iPhone 3GS. When I go to join a secure network I have not joined before, the Settings app just closes. I press the network, it goes to the field where you enter the WEP or WPA key but then settings just closes. The same thing happens when I go to enter the ssid/key manually under "Other..." It is still connecting to networks I have previously trusted. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running 3.1.2, jailbroken, on a 3GS. I'd rather not do a complete restore right now as I am waiting for the jailbreak for iOS4.

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

3. frankdtank thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I am. They connect automatically. But if I were to try and join one manually, just for giggles, it wouldn't let me because settings would crash when I clicked "Other..."

4. Vanja macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with my 3GS.
    The simple workaround when you want to connect to new network (AP) is: Disconnect your Iphone from any network, open a Safari, then Iphone ask you to "Select a Wi-Fi Network". From here you can select a wanted network and put the security key.

Regards