Wifi Connection Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benjamin,, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Benjamin, macrumors member

Benjamin,

So at the moment I've got big problems when trying to connect to the wifi.
    I'm using a Mid-2012 13" MacBook Pro. Safari, and BT is my ISP.

The internet works as fast as normal through the ethernet cable, but when I'm using wifi, I get massive drops, and periods of disconnection.

Any suggestions?

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

It's fickle. Learn to live with it. Seriously... I've never had so many wi-fi problems until I started using OSX. Since probably 10.6.7 something has changed and continues to this day. I've got PC's here that never have issues... just the macs.

Put an on/off switch on your router or put the thing where you can unplug it 2 or 3 times a week. :)

3. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

I changed the configuration of the wireless in the house (Physical location of the Airport Extreme (1) and Expresses (2; 1 new one, one older N). They still feed off a time capsule in bridge mode. Each move was to the same location one of the others had been in, just rearranged.

MBP mid 2011 went from rock solid on 2.4 or 5, to dropping connections on both, and it no longer connects automatically, though it is configured to do so. I forced maintenance routines, repaired permissions, am getting ready to run disk warrior on it, but it is related to switching the routers around. PITA. My PieCe of Craptop continues to seamlessly acquire and use the signal around the house.
    Apple is like that hot, high maintenance girl. At times you want to kill her, but man can she ring your bell and sometimes its all worth it just to walk down the sidewalk behind her... :cool:

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm just going to chime in and say that I've never had any wifi connection issues specific to my Macs. Whenever I've had a problem, aside from a slightly weaker antenna setup in my previous MBP(a 2007 model), it was almost always related to the router or my overall network setup.

If you're having WiFi issues on your new Mac, take it in for service. Just make sure you know how to demonstrate, at the service center, that it isn't your network at home that is causing the issues.

5. Benjamin, thread starter macrumors member

Benjamin,

I know it isn't home based problems as all the other computers in the house work. I basically reset the wifi settings and renewed the DHCB licence...

It now works, and I haven't had a problem since.

6. Zauberer macrumors regular

I was having wifi problems in my house too and it was the router. TimeWarner eventually replaced it and I haven't had a problem since.