WiFi Connection Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WayneHixson, May 15, 2015.

1. WayneHixson macrumors member

Tiring to use AW on wireless in my house. Have my iPhone 6 on a 2.4 GHz channel, but my watch doesn't appear on connected devices on my router. And it quits working when I'm too far from my iPhone. Doesn't appear to be a way to do much troubleshooting

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's honestly a mystery. I wish we could hard code the SSID and key in the apple watch app and stop the guess work

3. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

mine connected after I paired, but then I changed the name and it disappeared, waiting to see if it shows up in a little bit!

Laters...

4. DarthBarbieDoll macrumors newbie

DarthBarbieDoll

5. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

I actually think I got it figured out. At first the watch connects to bluetooth, and then it connects to the wifi to establish it's initial connection. But here is the catch: I think to preserve energy it doesn't actually keep the wifi connection unless the bluetooth signal gets weak, or even disconnects, then it will probe to see if it can find "daddy" on wifi. But lets go see what that thread says :)

Laters...

6. msavich macrumors member

msavich

I can't seem to make heads or tails of this either. I have had the Apple Watch for a week and still can't figure out what is wrong.

7. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Of course, it would be pointless to be on WiFi in addition to BT if you are near your phone, that would kill the battery.

Turn BT off on your phone and see if it shows back up connected to WiFi.

8. msavich macrumors member

msavich

Do you guys think it could be a problem with my LAN?