WiFi Connection (UK) - Very grateful for any help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by erasr, Apr 30, 2008.

1. erasr macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm stupid I know, but I am at work and havnt got the time to look for threads on this, so any good answers will be very appreciated.

My iPod touch wont connect to my wireless connection. I never had this problem before with BT, but I have got Sky recently and it uses WPA2 security.

When I enter the password, which is all letters, it just tries to connect then says it cant, what on earth am I meant to do?!

Can the touch connect to WPA2 wireless??

2. ranwanimator macrumors newbie

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that functionality will be added via the 2.0 updates. I know it connects flawlessly to WEP now. You might try to see if your wireless router can be configured to also allow wep connections. My router allows for multiple encryption protocols.

3. skwij macrumors 6502

Mine connects to WPA2 just fine, at home and at a friends.

I do have a plaintext password, that I encrypted, but it types in plain.

4. Naim135 macrumors member

Try Capitol Letters

Hi I too have had this problem with connecting to several sky hosts, only when I put the key in in Capitol's does it connect anf then with good signal as the Non Netgear Router supplied by Sky gives good wireless range.

Hope this helps

I'm stupid I know, but I am at work and havnt got the time to look for threads on this, so any good answers will be very appreciated.

My iPod touch wont connect to my wireless connection. I never had this problem before with BT, but I have got Sky recently and it uses WPA2 security.

When I enter the password, which is all letters, it just tries to connect then says it cant, what on earth am I meant to do?!

Can the touch connect to WPA2 wireless??[/QUOTE]

5. cartel1 macrumors newbie

When I connect any Apple device to my BT Home Hub, I have to add a dollar sign before the WEP number, might be worth a try.

6. Anderzander macrumors member

I've got two on my sky wireless network - no problems.

If you've still got a problem - post up here or pm me and I'll check my settings.

7. Oceansized macrumors member

8. CBX macrumors regular

I use sky. Make sure your Key is all in uppercase.

9. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

log into your router and check you dont have mac address filtering turned on, if you do put in the ipods (its listed as wi-fi address)