Wifi Connectivity

Discussion in 'macOS' started by miacane86, Jun 28, 2011.

1. miacane86, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

miacane86 macrumors newbie

My gf is running OS X on her Macbook Pro (not sure of exact version, sorry), and is having wifi connectivity issues I'm trying to help her resolve (she's in different state at the moment, or I'd do in person).

On Skype video call last night, and all of a sudden her camera died out on her (appeared to be being "used" by another application). She restarted her computer, and since then has been unable to connect to her home wifi network (Connection Timeout errors). I've recommended potentially removing the stored wifi key using the method below:

System Preferences - Network - Airport - Advanced - Select the network in question and press "-" or move yours above it.

She was having issues doing it through Keychain, so maybe this will work. I've noticed on google searches that PRAM used to be an issue, but apparently has nothing to do with network settings in OS X. Has anybody else had this issue, and are there other specific troubleshooting steps that could be taken to try to resolve this? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: As an addendum, she tried that out and was unsuccessful. Also reports having connection timeout errors on multiple networks, not just her own.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Did she just update to 10.6.8? She may just need to reset her router.

3. miacane86 thread starter macrumors newbie

She's still on 10.5.8. And her lack of connective ability to ANY router would suggest it's something on the computer's end, no?