Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Weird problem here,

Using the speedtest.net app, my download speed on my iPhone (home wifi) is about 250- 400 KBPS, while the upload is about 2 mbps. On my laptop (wifi as well), download speeds are about 4 mbps and uploads about 2 mbps.

The reason I'm asking is because the quality of the streaming games from the MLB at bat app is does not seem as good as It should be / as good as I've seen in screen shots.

Any ideas on why download speed on the iPhone is so slow?

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
Have you eliminated all other things that might take up your bandwidth?
I.E:
- Your laptop/computer is not downloading anything
- You have a password on your WIFI-connection to make sure noone ELSE is downloading from your connection
- You are not far away from the router? Your laptop might have a stronger WiFi-chip (I don't know) and get better reception if you're behind a wall or far away...?

Bag302

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
Weird problem here,

Using the speedtest.net app, my download speed on my iPhone (home wifi) is about 250- 400 KBPS, while the upload is about 2 mbps. On my laptop (wifi as well), download speeds are about 4 mbps and uploads about 2 mbps.

The reason I'm asking is because the quality of the streaming games from the MLB at bat app is does not seem as good as It should be / as good as I've seen in screen shots.

Any ideas on why download speed on the iPhone is so slow?

Did you figure out a fix for this? My 3Gs is terrible on wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.