Wifi Dropping and Reconnecting in Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jmagar88, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jmagar88 macrumors newbie

I have a network in my house with several Ruckus access points scattered around strategically for the best internet. With previous versions of MacOS, I have had occasional Wifi issues where I was situated in an area in the house that was sort of in between access points. I would be connected to one access point, but then, I guess my notebook would think that the connection was momentarily better at another access point. So the notebook would disconnect from the current access point and try to connect to the new one. That momentary drop in internet access was annoying and frustrating, but it was rare enough that it was not much of an issue.

Enter Yosemite.

Now, no matter where I am in the house, my notebook is constantly dropping the Wifi connection and reconnecting. It is almost making my notebook inoperable, as I am constantly having to wait for my Wifi to reconnect almost every time I am using the internet for a prolonged period of time. Good thing I don't game any more because I would probably be bashing my head into the keyboard. Anyone else encountering the same issues?