Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Not sure if this belongs in the Yosemite or Macbook forum. I am running OS X Yosemite on a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina. While at school, once I am connected to the internet, it will keep the connection. While on my home network, I manually connect to the router, and after about 30 seconds, the connection is dropped. The internet does work fine for those 30 seconds. I have to constantly manually reconnect to the router, which is a pain.

I am not really sure how to diagnose issues on macs, but since I am able to connect fine at school it cannot be a hardware issue. I have tried resetting the router and forgetting/re-adding the network on my mac but nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

----------

Also, for the short time that I am still connected to the router at home, under Network -> Advanced -> WINS it says under NetBIOS Name that the name is currently being used, so I logged into the router and revoked my macbook's DHCP and reconnected, but that did not fix it.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
There are many users reporting Wifi issues. There are quite a few temporary solutions for some users posted. Apple is seeding 10.10.1 and has mentioned wifi as a potential test area. Downgrade to Mavericks or wait to test on 10.10.1 when it is public.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.