Wifi Dropping

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by TurnerMartin, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TurnerMartin macrumors regular

TurnerMartin

Over the past month I've been having this 'Wifi dropping' issue since a few minutes (Oh, just disconnected). I tried a clean install of Yosemite plus yesterdays update 10.10.1 with no success. Been browsing forums and pages looking for solutions but nothing has work (PRAM (again, internet disconnection) and SMC reset with no positive answer)

- I use Windows (via Bootcamp) and no problem. Im the only Mac at home with this issue.
    - When Im at Uni the internet works perfect, not a single drop. The problem appears when I'm at Home

Im really looking forward on buying a Windows PC (Been 20 years with a Mac). Don't think the price of them worth the actual quality (Just remember the iOS 8 with iPhone 6 issue).

All comments/solutions will be appreciate.

*MBP 13" MID 2012*

Martin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. asriznet macrumors regular

- Can you open up System Information(Click on  -> Hold down Option key)
    - Select Network -> Wifi on the left sidebar
    - Observe the Supported Channels and see if there's any difference when you're connected and when you're not connected to wifi

- it seems to me that my wireless router prefers to use big number channels like 149 and when the problem happens, the supported channels only show up to channel 140.

- and when it's working, the channel list goes all the way to 165

Therefore the workaround for me was to set a static channel on the router - channel 44.