Wifi drops every few min, beyond frustrated

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by alana22, Oct 24, 2013.

1. alana22 macrumors regular

I almost can't even stand to use my iMac the last couple of days. I cannot even put into words how aggravating this is. My iPhone never loses its connection so I know it's nothing to do with my modem or router, it's Mavericks that caused this.

Every few min my internet stops working and I have to turn wi-fi off then back on to get my connection back (for a few min). I've spent all night Googling and trying every possible solution that I've seen mentioned and nothing helps. I am so frustrated by this.

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

I suggest that you list all you have already tried to fix the problem.

3. CCryder66 macrumors newbie

WiFi worked great until I tried to use the VPN connection at work. Got in, but it dropped out after about 5 minutes. Killed the VPN, but the browser kept hanging up and I would have to turn WiFi off and back on. Finally cured it with a reboot, but VPN causes the problem to repeat.

4. aharryh macrumors newbie

Wifi drops and doesn't work with restart.

Can confirm the same issue. I am using Juniper Network Connect VPN.

It takes a restart of my late 2011 Macbook Pro to restore normal behaviour. I tried turning off APP NAP for the VPN and VM software. No change.

I read about a temp fix here: http://one-tech-a-day.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/work-around-to-fix-wifi-issue-on-os-x.html

that was in place when the DP was issues, a following post suggests it was fixed...