WiFi extender for Apple kit

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrMister111, Aug 15, 2014.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68010

After a WiFi extender to basically go in the conservatory as WiFi won't reach there.

I use an Apple Time Capsule for the router, and mostly have iPads and iPhones on WiFi. It's a N type 5Ghz if makes a difference.

Can someone recommend an option, probably a plugin type will be best so I can plug in and out when required for using in the garden for surfing etc.

Would an older plugin airport express work? That best to get or any WiFi extender do?

Thanks

2. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

AirPort Express serves that purpose very well, and will be convenient and familiar as you use the same AirPort app to manage it. It just has a setting that says "Extend Wireless Network" - give it the name and password to your existing WiFi network and it's ready to go.

Other WiFi extenders should also work well, but you will have to use their built in management console to manage them rather than doing it through AirPort.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Yeah, Airport Express is the way to go in terms of extending a Time Capsule wireless network.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010

Thanks, looks like AE best, but being Apple, the most expensive as normal! I only really want it to extend so wondering if any cheaper options, must be 5GHz N WiFi though for my Air and 5S etc.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68010