WiFi Extremely unreliable under Vista Business - "Broadcom 802.11n"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ChePibe, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

Machine is a 15" MacBook Pro, Early 2008 (last of the non-glossy variety). Router is latest Dual Band Apple Airport Extreme.

Device manager lists the driver version as 4.170.25.12 and Service description is BCM43XX. Driver comes from a fresh install of Boot Camp drivers.

The wireless card works just fine - very well, actually - on the Mac side, but the moment I switch to Vista, I lose any ability to connect at N speeds and get a maximum connection of 36 mbps, and usually closer to 11 or 14.

Do newer drivers exist? I've been googling for quite some time and I can't find anything that seems to work on the mac. Any ideas?

2. limo79 macrumors regular

Use brain and update Broadcom drivers to the latest release. Use search ! Same problems and questions 1000 times even if the answer is one topic below.

3. ChePibe thread starter macrumors member

Wow.

That was just so very helpful.

How's about you "use brain" and read my post which said I've been googling for a long time on this exact topic? Broadcom's site is horrendous, and I can't find the drivers I need there. Anyone have a link to newer drivers?

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

limo79 didn't say use google, that user recommended using search on these forums.

5. limo79 macrumors regular

Sorry, I put link to Broadcom drivers few times. It is easy to find it.