Wifi Freezes iphone after unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ivnds, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Really need you help here guys! this is the story:

Got my iphone last week, I did the usual steps, Activate with iNdependence, then install appTapp fo get the installer, once I got it, I installed the BSD subsystem and Open SSH, after that was done i got summerboard there and happily used the iphone for a day without a problem. The problems came when i installed AnySim and ran the app. after the proccess i got the message " Flash successfull, unlock failed..." so i went to search on the web and read that I could just put the sim in and maybe it would work. I did, and it did. It picked up my carrier "Telcel GSM (Mexico)" and i thought all was well, so i wanted to check out the weather widget wich i hadnt and bum, it froze, restarted, then safari, frozen again. So I decided to Restore, now the phone seems fine, i can call and all that, check settings, listen to music, but anything that uses wifi will freeze the phone.

So right now im stuck there, and since restoring didn't do the trick i don't know whats next, time to check with the community, i've been helped everytime here so i hope this one turns out all right.

Ill be waiting for your feedback, thanks!

2. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

An update here. I just poked all the reset buttons on the phone and the Wi-fi is working now! really hope I don't loose it when i restart or after a sync or something.

So last night I was out, and when I looged to another wifi network the phone froze again, I came home, reset network settings and that didnt work, do any of you think doing the "no wi-fi" solution will help get my wifi up and running again?

The funny thing is, I just froze it but its still playing music, I just cant use the screen.

Ok so i keep digging this thread up from the graves because im getting kinda desperate here, i restored the phone again because it was freezing when it got a signal, on the unlock screen just when yout turn it on, so i guess the problem went to the gsm radio aswell. Is there a method to undo the unlock? maybe thatll help the baseband get back to normal

3. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

Ok so after another restore ( getting scared now) the phone still freezes on the main screen, it will boot up but on the "slide to unlock" screen it will freeze, i guess the only thing i can do is relock it, but how could i if i cant even activate it, independence wont let me because its frozen, itunes will recognize it and sync stuff but that doesnt do anything. I tried taking the sim out but i get the error saying "iphone must have a sim in order to continue..."

Please help!

4. Skaber macrumors newbie

Hey, I do have the same problem here. After unlocking the device, it will randomly freeze. I don't remember having such problem when it was only activated (not sim unlocked). I used AnySIM's first version, now they have .2 out. I also had the " Flash successfull, unlock failed..." message after running AnySIM.

I guess restoring the original flash and unlocking the iphone again could help. I might try this out this weekend and see if it makes any difference.

5. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

Wow that woul be awsome please post your progress. My phone froze everytime i used wifi after the unlock, but i did a reset and it worked with my network but then i tried hooking it up to another network and it froze, thats the last time i could use it.

6. Skaber macrumors newbie

hey, yesterday I have used this tutorial:
    - virginizing an iphone
    http://iphonegoboom.com/#restore

I then restarted the whole activation/restore process and used AnySIM 1.0.2

in the end, it didn't make any difference, the phone still freezes from time to time while browsing the net.

I suspect my provider to be partly responsible of this issue because Edge might be interfering with Wifi. I remember that engadget.com is one site that would keep my iphone to freeze but today it seems ok.
    Try browsing the net without the sim card and see if you get better results...

7. ivnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ivnds

I think safari crashes on a fairly normal basis, what you can do that helped me is remove the edge settings for your carrier so it can't use edge, and maybe that can help a bit. Also can you try checking your imei for me? mine shows the correct one on screen, but still it freezes when it wants to and i can't really use it.